A pocket square is a great way to add that little extra colour and flair to your outfit, and the way you fold your pocket square is an opportunity to really show your style!
There are many different types of pocket square folds that you can have for your wedding day. Which ever look you want to go for, here are a few examples of how to achieve the look!
Check out our pocket square options here: https://www.swaggerandswoon.com/collections/pocket-squares
The Presidential Fold
A simple and subtle pocket square fold for an understated style. Suitable for all occasions.
- Place your unfolded pocket square, face down and on a flat surface.
- Fold your pocket square in half, right to left
- Fold in half again, from left to right, leaving a small gap on the right side.
- Fold in half from the top to bottom and then fold the bottom up and behind the front and place into your pocket. adjust accordingly.
One Point ( Single Peak)
A classic and popular pocket square fold, simple to do and great for a little extra style on your wedding suit.
- Begin with a unfolded pocket square on a flat surface in a diamond position.
- Take the two left corners and fold the pocket square in half.
- Take the bottom and right corner and fold in half.
- Fold the top right corner into the center and then the left corner to the right
- Fold the bottom up and behind the front and adjust accordingly to fit your pocket.
Two Point Fold (Two Peak)
For a pocket square with a little extra shape the two point fold looks great for weddings and formal occasions.
- Start with your pocket square unfolded on a flat surface in a diamond position.
- Fold the bottom corner to the top but don't align perfectly. You want them to slightly not line up.
- Take the right corner and fold inwards, passing the center point.
- Take the left corner and fold over the right.
- Any corners pointing out, tuck behind the pocket square and finish by folding the pocket square up and behind before placing into your pocket.
Three Point Fold (Three Peak)
A wonderful pocket square fold for those who want an extra touch of flair and style on their wedding day.
- Start with pocket square unfolded on a flat surface, wrong side up with a corner a the top.
- Fold bottom corner up to meet top corner forming a triangle.
- Bring bottom right corner across to the left side of your top point.
- Bring bottom left corner across to the right side of your top point.
- Fold in the lower points that are sticking out to fit your pocket width.
- Fold the bottom point up behind the rest and put in your pocket!
The stair fold is perfect for those who love detail and structure. It may take some practice to get good at (and keep an iron to hand to get a really crisp finish) but the final effect is brilliant!
- Start with your pocket square unfolded on a flat surface.
- Fold the pocket square diagonally to create a triangular shape. This creates the first step in the stairs.
- Pinch the fabric approx 2 inches below your first stair and fold upwards to create your second stair just below your first stair.
- Repeat the same step again below the second stair, to create your third stair.
- Hold the steps in place and fold your pocket square in half diagonally.
- Fold your right corner of the pocket square behind and inwards, and the left side behind and inwards. (be sure to hold your stairs in place!)
- Fold the bottom of the pocket square behind the front and place inside your pocket square. Adjust accordingly to fit your pocket.
A great pocket square option for those who like to keep things simple or who are running late! Quick and easy to do and still looks great.
- Begin with your pocket square face up and unfolded on a flat surface.
- Pinch the center of the pocket square and lift up.
- With your other hand, run your finger and thumb down the pocket square till you reach the middle.
- Fold the bottom of the pocket square up and behind the front and place in your pocket. Be sure to adjust so it fits to your pocket size.